Few months back I shared some of the collections of the movies on Wall Street that I have, the next in line probably would be The Wolf of Wall Street – The story is the memoir of Jordan Belfort, a Long Island kid who rose to become a millionaire penny stock scammer and boiler-room boss.
In the mean time-sharing some of the best movies that I saw and some quotes:
- Most Corrupt Movie about Finance: Enron, The Smartest Guys In The Room
Best Line: ’I would like to know if you are on crack, if so that would explain a lot. If not, you may want to start because it’s going to be a long time before we trust you again.’
- Most under-rated Vin Diesl Movie About The Stock Market: Boiler Room
Best line: Seth: What do you mean, you’re gonna pass? Alan, the only people making money passing are NFL quarterbacks and I don’t see a number on your back.
- Best Movie exploring the 2008 Global Financial Meltdown: Inside Job
Best line about this documentary: “A good friend summed up Inside Job best when he called it ‘the comedy of the year’. It’s true” Matthew Toomey ABC Radio, Brisbane
- Best Movie About Greed: Wall Street
Best Line: Lunch is for wimps!
- Best Sequel To A Stock Market Movie: Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
Best Line: If there’s one thing I learned in prison it’s that money is not the prime commodity in our lives…time is.
- Best Michael Moore Documentary: Capitalism, A Love Story
Best Line: George W. Bush [speaking at the Manhattan Institute] “Capitalism offers people the freedom to choose where they work and what they do”. Lady in Restaurant: [reading the classified ads] “There isn’t anything in here. I’m not going to be a gentlemen’s club hire dancer either”
- Best Happy Ending Stock Market Movie: Pursuit of Happyness
Best Line: This part of my life… this part right here? This is called “happyness.”
- Best Accents Evah in a Stock Market Movie: Working Girl
Best Line: I have a head for business and a bod for sin. Is there anything wrong with that?
- Best Comedy Movie About The Stock Market: Trading Places
Best Line: Billy Ray: When I was growing up, if we wanted a Jacuzzi, we had to fart in the tub.
- Best Rogue Trader in a Stock Market Movie: um, Rogue Trader
Best Line: I, Nicholas Leeson, have just lost 50 million quid, in one day!
- Penultimate in series : Margin Call
Best Line: John Tuld: There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat.
- The Latest one in the Series: Arbitrage
Best Line: Robert Miller: World events all revolved around five things… M.O.N.E.Y.
– I could recall another line from the movie as delivered by the detective on the rich guy’s heels: “The guy who did it doesn’t get to walk just because he’s on CNBC.”