The way derivatives have evolved over the years they attracted criticism along with the praise.Corporates continues to take advantage of leverage with them many went belly up and some made fortunes out of them.
Here are some of the Jargons these days the firms uses :
- Diversification : Lets do several things that we don’t know any thing about badly
- Sticking to the knitting or Focus : Lets get back to doing what we once did if any body can remember what it is and how it is to do it
- Decentralization: Massive duplication , confusion and creation of thousand of petty empires
- Matrix Structure : Every body reports to everybody, no body knows who they work for and there is no accountability
- Flat organization : Managers who cannot manage now manage tens of direct reports
- Business Process Reorganization: A process by which cut everything that is essential, leaving only every thing that you don’t need.
More to go some hilarious of them lot of buzz words like CRM/KPI/TQM/B2B/B2C/Transformation/best of breed/competitive advantage/reinvention/templates.