I thought of putting the Sahara case today vis-a vis the famous Bernard Madoff ponzi scheme scandal case … well the study is on, need more data collection and actual reporting but Kudos to RBI and SEBI as they finally nailed out the Sahara Scandal case with the help of Supreme court.
Recollecting some of the scandals in the Investment banking space from The Barclays Saga and Libor , LIBOR Manipulation : any thing for you Big Boyz , JP Morgan : Jamie Dimon Testimony and the series is endless ..I believe the quotes of the maverick author holds true :
- The main difference between government bailouts and smoking is that in some rare cases the statement “This is my last cigarette “holds true
- The difference between banks and Mafia: banks have better legal regulatory expertise,but Mafia understands the public opinion. Or you can say”Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world”
- When a woman says about a man that he is intelligent, she often means handsome; when a man says about a woman that she is dumb, he always means attractive.
- When some one starts a sentence with “SIMPLY” you should expect to hear something is very complicated.
- Half the people lie with their lips; the other half with their tears.
- Technology is at its best when it is invisible
- Those who do not think that employment is systemic slavery are either blind or employed
- It’s a good practice to always apologize, except when you have done something wrong
- To be completely cured of newspaper, spend a year reading the previous week’s newspaper
- The most painful moment are not those we spend with uninteresting people, rather they are those spent with uninteresting people trying hard to be interesting.