Back from the memorable holidays had great fun. Now rebooting from the famous Nassim Nicholas Taleb . He might have sound repetitive in his interviews but his Contribution in the world of financial markets can not be ignored, sharing some quotes from his book “The Bed of Procrustes”.
- The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary.
- To bankrupt a fool give him information.
- Education makes the wise slightly wiser, but it makes the fool vastly more dangerous.
- The best revenge for a Liar is to convince him that you believe what he said.
- The Opposite of success isn’t failure, it is name- dropping.
- Karl Max a visionary figured out that you can control a slave much better by convincing him he is an employee.
- The fastest way to become rich is to socialize with the poor; the fastest way to become poor is to socialize with the rich.
- It seems the most unsuccessful person who gives the most advice, particularly for writing and financial matters.
- Writing is an art of repeating oneself without any one noticing
- Most people write to remember things; I write to forget
- Journalists as reverse aphorists :
Taleb says “You need skills to get a BMW, skills plus luck to become a Warren buffet”
The journalists quoted: Warren Buffet has no skills”