Someone asked me what’s your view on the market? my response was it will fluctuate. Some experts feel there is a breakout around the corner, some of them carefully waiting for the Fed policy this Friday. While some of them feel there will be a correction.
Global events are an integral part of market now, you cannot control these events neither can devote your full-time in predicting these events. As an investor what you can control?
- You can control how much money you put behind the idea.
- You can control which markets you trade in.
- You can control how much you are willing to risk per trade barring any gap
downs, or halt situations that might impact you negatively.
- You can control what type of stocks you buy, big caps, only small caps, only over INR 100, only under INR 20, etc…
- You can control what type of set ups you buy.
- You can control when you get in or out, barring a halt.
- You can’t control the outcome of the trade.
- You can’t control how the market will react to news; try not to impose your views too much.
The point is not to fret over what you can’t control, once you put the trade in along with your stop for the most part everything else is out of your control