This is interesting peace I got from an anyonomous source , but worth reading regarding the feel on BREXIT, if it would have been the case of divorse :
Hard Divorce: You lose the house, money, everything, and have no access to kids
Soft Divorce: You get access to the kids, but don’t expect any sex or anything like before. It’s different now Continue reading “BREXIT OPTIONS IF the Event was a Divorce”
I have always said that equity have outperformed every asset class provided it has been done for long term and continuous investment been made with basic checks.
Is it so bad to see some stocks fall hugely? We have seen a number of stocks roll over and play nearly dead, losing more than 90% of their value in a few years. And then we thank our stars that we don’t own them. (And if we do, we don’t tell anyone until after 3 pegs)
Here is an interesting story done by Capital mind for a simple portfolio build on Nifty Continue reading “Yes you can beat the benchmarks? Even after getting it wrong”
Mutual fund is still an untapped market in India, Although India has more than 50 AMC (Asset Management Company) operating with more than 20,000 odd schemes.
When it comes to investing I always say that Equities have out-performed other investment asset classes over the long-term in India as well as globally. With growing maturity, retail Investors in India have begun to realize this and also take into stride the short-term volatility of this asset class. Better regulatory environment and improved corporate governance have also helped bring more investors to Equities.
Equity investing requires a lot more dedicated time, patience, skill and knowledge while people prefer to invest Continue reading “Which Fund to Choose?”
In one classic experiment conducted by Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky, pioneers in the field of prospect theory, subjects were given a hypothetical choice between a sure $3,000 gain versus an 80% chance of a $4,000 gain and a 20% chance of not getting anything.
The vast majority of people preferred the sure $3,000 gain, even though the other alternative had a higher expected gain (0.80 × $4,000 = $3,200).
Then they flipped the question around and gave subjects a choice between a certain loss of $3,000 versus an 80% chance of losing $4,000 and a 20% chance of not losing anything. In this case, the vast majority chose to gamble and take the 80% chance of a $4,000 loss, even though the expected loss would be $3,200. Continue reading “Let your Profits run and cut your Losses short”
Analyzing and reading the experts view on the current situation of Deutsche Bank to that of Lehman Brothers in 2008. Many of them are emphasizing and argue that 2008 is back.
I will argue that the current situation is the iconic milestone of the clear END of the 2008 crisis. Here is my argument:
What was the Lehman Crisis about? In September 2008, we were facing an under-regulated banking sector and fears of rising interest rates (due to presumed inflation generated by USD 140 oil prices).
What is the current Deutsche Moment about? In September 2016, we are facing an over-regulated banking sector (the US Department of Justice throwing an USD 14bn fine at Deutsche Bank) and fears of never rising quasi-zero (in Germany even negative) interest rates. Continue reading “Is the 2008 Lehman Moment Back ?”