I’ll give you some examples, followed by comments. Since this article is about learning, let’s start with this:
“What we learn from history is that people don’t learn from history.” When investors get either too fearful or too greedy, they sometimes hide behind the notion that “This time it’s different.” Usually they regret it.
On fear and greed
“Two super-contagious diseases, fear and greed, will forever occur in the investment community. The timing of these epidemics will be unpredictable. … We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.” This is the simple recipe for being a contrarian investor. Continue reading “Genius of Warren Buffett with comments:”
Wishing all my readers a very happy and prosperous new year . It was a long 2016 year end vacation .
Here are some of the bad financial habits that one need to give up in 2017 by saying No :
- Don’t carry a credit card balance.
- Don’t invest in high-turnover stock funds.
- Don’t trust brokers when their lips are moving.
- Don’t forget that a high potential return means high risk.
- Don’t buy a home if you think you’ll move in the next five years.
- Don’t invest 100% in stocks — or 100% in bonds.
- Don’t die without a will.
- Don’t retire with debt.
- Don’t buy initial public stock offerings. Continue reading “Just Say No – 2017 Resolutions”