Now that Modi is having the last laugh, here’s the list of Taleb’s aphorisms that he needs to dish out to the pseudo intellectuals and the snake oil salesmen who argued that his demonetization policy move would spell death-knell for him in electoral politics:
- People feel totally lost (& deep anxiety) finding out that someone they held for stupid is actually more intelligent than they are.
- Risk takers never complain. They do.
- The ultimate freedom lies in not having to explain “why” you did something.
- Nit-picking is the unmistakable mark of cluelessness.
- Never rid anyone of an illusion unless you can replace it in his mind with Continue reading “Where will be markets on Tuesday ..The Banaras Nifty”
Today is the biggest political economic event of India the yearly govt. Budget 2017, It has been always the biggest sales event by the media and every year the projections, expectations are on the rise.
The following will be the reactions to the budget to be presented even before analyzing it .
- BJP – Path breaking, pro-farmer & will help the last person in the society.
- Congress – Anti-poor & will increase inflation.
- AAP – For the benefit of Adani & Ambani.
- CPI & CPM – Will serve American interest & will result in mass unemployment. Continue reading “Post Budget Analysis in Advance”
I’ll give you some examples, followed by comments. Since this article is about learning, let’s start with this:
“What we learn from history is that people don’t learn from history.” When investors get either too fearful or too greedy, they sometimes hide behind the notion that “This time it’s different.” Usually they regret it.
On fear and greed
“Two super-contagious diseases, fear and greed, will forever occur in the investment community. The timing of these epidemics will be unpredictable. … We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.” This is the simple recipe for being a contrarian investor. Continue reading “Genius of Warren Buffett with comments:”
Wishing all my readers a very happy and prosperous new year . It was a long 2016 year end vacation .
Here are some of the bad financial habits that one need to give up in 2017 by saying No :
- Don’t carry a credit card balance.
- Don’t invest in high-turnover stock funds.
- Don’t trust brokers when their lips are moving.
- Don’t forget that a high potential return means high risk.
- Don’t buy a home if you think you’ll move in the next five years.
- Don’t invest 100% in stocks — or 100% in bonds.
- Don’t die without a will.
- Don’t retire with debt.
- Don’t buy initial public stock offerings. Continue reading “Just Say No – 2017 Resolutions”
Here are some dashboard points that I expect after the clean up of the old currency what we can expect on the Indian economic scenario :
A huge amount of around 15-20 lakhs crore of black money would be identified
We will see a bump of 8 to 10% in deposit with banks
Out of the money identified 15 to 20 lakh would be withdrawn over a period of two to three months
Substantial amount of money around 2.5 to 3.5 lakh cr would still remain in system
There would be a wealth destruction of around 3-4 lakhs crores
30% of money will not reach back to RBI
Next 2 to 3 months property prices and land prices can drop till 30 to 35%
Since there is a surge of deposit huge demand for Govt bonds would be there Continue reading “Where is India headed ?”