Now that Modi is having the last laugh, here’s the list of Taleb’s aphorisms that he needs to dish out to the pseudo intellectuals and the snake oil salesmen who argued that his demonetization policy move would spell death-knell for him in electoral politics:
- People feel totally lost (& deep anxiety) finding out that someone they held for stupid is actually more intelligent than they are.
- Risk takers never complain. They do.
- The ultimate freedom lies in not having to explain “why” you did something.
- Nit-picking is the unmistakable mark of cluelessness.
- Never rid anyone of an illusion unless you can replace it in his mind with Continue reading “Where will be markets on Tuesday ..The Banaras Nifty”
Today is the biggest political economic event of India the yearly govt. Budget 2017, It has been always the biggest sales event by the media and every year the projections, expectations are on the rise.
The following will be the reactions to the budget to be presented even before analyzing it .
- BJP – Path breaking, pro-farmer & will help the last person in the society.
- Congress – Anti-poor & will increase inflation.
- AAP – For the benefit of Adani & Ambani.
- CPI & CPM – Will serve American interest & will result in mass unemployment. Continue reading “Post Budget Analysis in Advance”
Here are some dashboard points that I expect after the clean up of the old currency what we can expect on the Indian economic scenario :
A huge amount of around 15-20 lakhs crore of black money would be identified
We will see a bump of 8 to 10% in deposit with banks
Out of the money identified 15 to 20 lakh would be withdrawn over a period of two to three months
Substantial amount of money around 2.5 to 3.5 lakh cr would still remain in system
There would be a wealth destruction of around 3-4 lakhs crores
30% of money will not reach back to RBI
Next 2 to 3 months property prices and land prices can drop till 30 to 35%
Since there is a surge of deposit huge demand for Govt bonds would be there Continue reading “Where is India headed ?”
Sharing an important Circular from RBI and GOI, Please do not panic and understand the motive behind this great initiative:
The Government and keeping in view the need to minimise inconvenience to the public, the following operational guidelines have been issued:-
- Old High Denomination Bank Notes may be deposited by individuals/persons into their bank accounts and/or exchanged in bank branches or Issue Offices of RBI till the close of business hours on 30thDecember, 2016.
- Old High Denomination Bank Notes of aggregate value of Rs.4,000/- only or below held by a person can be exchanged by him/her at any bank branch or Issue Office of Reserve Bank of India for any denomination of bank notes having legal tender character, provided a Requisition Slip as per format to be specified by RBI is presented with proof of identity and along with the Old High Denomination Bank Notes. Similar facilities will also be made available in Post Offices. Continue reading “Do not Panic if your Money is Legal”
What is Helicopter Money ? Why the Central bankers are using the term so frequently now?
The instant reference that can be drawn towards the Hollywood/Bollywood, kind of Robbin hood stories where the hero/villain throws money from the helicopter in the villages. Jokes apart
Getting back to economics “Helicopter money” is the term economists and market-watchers use for an aggressive form of monetary stimulus — the government’s power to print money — to try to spur growth and get inflation higher. There had been buzz that the Bank of Japan could move in that direction, but it elected to take only a smaller action. The bank did say it would do a “comprehensive review” of policy in the months to come that could presage more coordination between the bank and the Japanese government. Continue reading “What is Helicopter Money?”