There is so much exit thing happening in the Euro Zone, ensuring that the global economic recovery remains fragile. It is very difficult to assess the scenario as the economic policies are more politically driven.
I preferred to read the maverick author than making the analysis of the above and sharing some of them that holds true:
- The main difference between government bailouts and smoking is that in some rare cases the statement “This is my last cigarette “holds true
- The difference between banks and Mafia: banks have better legal regulatory expertise,but Mafia understands the public opinion. Or you can say”Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world”
Continue reading “GREXIT, BREXIT and Some Maverick arguments”
It’s a Lazy Sunday sharing some of the random thoughts, observation that will come to your mind if you are in the Corporate financial jungle, or may be your boss have shared with you..if not you would love to read them for once :-
- Drinking is bad, but feelings are worse.
- What most people would call the greatest night of their lives, I call just another Friday.
- I thought there’d be worse nicknames to have for a girlfriend, but she didn’t find “The Warden” funny at all.
- Some of the best moments in life are the ones you can’t tell anyone about.
- A Blackberry and a 6-figure pay check is the crutch that single chicks call a career. That facade crumbles at 30.
- Haircuts are the ultimate economic indicator. In bad times, it’s every 8 weeks. In good, it’s every 6. I go every 3 weeks. 🙂 Continue reading “Random Thoughts if you belong to Corporate World”
I am a big fan of Traders Guns and Money the book written by Satyajit Das, the definitions Knowns and Unknowns revealed by him is the classic work. The reality is always to make sure that you have a seat when the music in this game of musical chairs for high stakes stops (referring to the examples for the crisis happened in the past). As a result of it some interesting statements the management of the firms make but the intensity is something to thought about:-
Statement: As a Leading dealer with a global platform, we are the major player in the market.
- Translation: We have spent a fortune to build this business and are now prepared to spend millions more subsidizing your requirements.
Continue reading “Derivative Players and blunders”
They’rrrre baaack. It’s leveraged supersenior kids, but not as you know it. Specifically not as you know it because the new ones are not non-recourse on the leverage, so they have no gap risk for the seller. Now, there are some not-entirely-accurate statements going around about what is actually happening here, so let’s look.
How would you synthesize a leveraged supersenior position? Well, take the underlying CDO, and sell the junior for a fair price.
Then take the senior, put it in an SPV, and fund that vehicle by Continue reading “Derivative not toxic shock”
Talking about Arbitrage – drama film directed by Nicholas Jarecki and starring Richard Gere. A troubled hedge fund magnate desperate to complete the sale of his trading empire makes an error that forces him to turn to an unlikely person for help.
It is well-known that risk arbitrageur play an important role in the market for corporate control. After a tender offer, the trading volume increases dramatically in large part because of risk arbitrageurs activity.They take long positions in the target stock, in the hope that the takeover will go through. They are also usually hedged by taking short positions in the acquirer’s stock. Continue reading “Risk Arbitrageur”