I have always said that equity have outperformed every asset class provided it has been done for long term and continuous investment been made with basic checks.
Is it so bad to see some stocks fall hugely? We have seen a number of stocks roll over and play nearly dead, losing more than 90% of their value in a few years. And then we thank our stars that we don’t own them. (And if we do, we don’t tell anyone until after 3 pegs)
Here is an interesting story done by Capital mind for a simple portfolio build on Nifty Continue reading “Yes you can beat the benchmarks? Even after getting it wrong”
I collected some quotes from the books that I read and some quoted not so professionally you might like them:-
- Associate to Analyst: “My Tuesday night is your Friday night.” ED to Associate: “My bar tab is your pay check.”
- The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.” – Steven Covey
- When it doesn’t matter how much the drinks cost, it’s always happy hour.
- One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.” – Elbert Hubbard
Continue reading “The Sunday Hangover/Hungover”
Here are some collections from the professional world of financial markets that may or may not imply upon each one of us:
- Associate to Analyst: “My Tuesday night is your Friday night.” ED to Associate: “My bar tab is your paycheck.”