Now that Modi is having the last laugh, here’s the list of Taleb’s aphorisms that he needs to dish out to the pseudo intellectuals and the snake oil salesmen who argued that his demonetization policy move would spell death-knell for him in electoral politics:
- People feel totally lost (& deep anxiety) finding out that someone they held for stupid is actually more intelligent than they are.
- Risk takers never complain. They do.
- The ultimate freedom lies in not having to explain “why” you did something.
- Nit-picking is the unmistakable mark of cluelessness.
- Never rid anyone of an illusion unless you can replace it in his mind with Continue reading