Now that Modi is having the last laugh, here’s the list of Taleb’s aphorisms that he needs to dish out to the pseudo intellectuals and the snake oil salesmen who argued that his demonetization policy move would spell death-knell for him in electoral politics:
- People feel totally lost (& deep anxiety) finding out that someone they held for stupid is actually more intelligent than they are.
- Risk takers never complain. They do.
- The ultimate freedom lies in not having to explain “why” you did something.
- Nit-picking is the unmistakable mark of cluelessness.
- Never rid anyone of an illusion unless you can replace it in his mind with Continue reading “Where will be markets on Tuesday ..The Banaras Nifty”
Sharing an important Circular from RBI and GOI, Please do not panic and understand the motive behind this great initiative:
The Government and keeping in view the need to minimise inconvenience to the public, the following operational guidelines have been issued:-
- Old High Denomination Bank Notes may be deposited by individuals/persons into their bank accounts and/or exchanged in bank branches or Issue Offices of RBI till the close of business hours on 30thDecember, 2016.
- Old High Denomination Bank Notes of aggregate value of Rs.4,000/- only or below held by a person can be exchanged by him/her at any bank branch or Issue Office of Reserve Bank of India for any denomination of bank notes having legal tender character, provided a Requisition Slip as per format to be specified by RBI is presented with proof of identity and along with the Old High Denomination Bank Notes. Similar facilities will also be made available in Post Offices. Continue reading “Do not Panic if your Money is Legal”
It’s a Lazy Sunday sharing some of the random thoughts, observation that will come to your mind if you are in the Corporate financial jungle, or may be your boss have shared with you..if not you would love to read them for once :-
- Drinking is bad, but feelings are worse.
- What most people would call the greatest night of their lives, I call just another Friday.
- I thought there’d be worse nicknames to have for a girlfriend, but she didn’t find “The Warden” funny at all.
- Some of the best moments in life are the ones you can’t tell anyone about.
- A Blackberry and a 6-figure pay check is the crutch that single chicks call a career. That facade crumbles at 30.
- Haircuts are the ultimate economic indicator. In bad times, it’s every 8 weeks. In good, it’s every 6. I go every 3 weeks. 🙂 Continue reading “Random Thoughts if you belong to Corporate World”
The weekend was adventurous for India; last night PM Mr Modi did the hard selling for India, obviously learning by itself for Investment bankers. The pitch was very strong in the economic sense.
I was reading Traders Guns and money over the weekend and found some interesting jargon and pitches made by the Investment bankers.
Statement: As a Leading dealer with a global platform, we are the major player in the market.
Translation: We have spent a fortune to build this business and are now prepared to spend millions more subsidizing your requirements.
Statement: We have one of the most talented teams in this space.
Translation: Our staff are vastly overpaid and on huge guaranteed bonuses. Continue reading “Investment Bankers Pitch”