Wishing all my readers a very happy and prosperous new year . It was a long 2016 year end vacation .
Here are some of the bad financial habits that one need to give up in 2017 by saying No :
- Don’t carry a credit card balance.
- Don’t invest in high-turnover stock funds.
- Don’t trust brokers when their lips are moving.
- Don’t forget that a high potential return means high risk.
- Don’t buy a home if you think you’ll move in the next five years.
- Don’t invest 100% in stocks — or 100% in bonds.
- Don’t die without a will.
- Don’t retire with debt.
- Don’t buy initial public stock offerings. Continue reading
Getting back to blogging is not that easy task, sometimes you need to share your old posts that’s worth reading and sharing. I am rebooting today after the business trip to London recollecting my thoughts and got some time to share Peter lynch thoughts from his famous book Beating the Street :-
- Your investor’s edge is not something you get from street experts. It’s something you already have. You can outperform the experts if you use your edge by investing in companies or industries you already understand.
- Over the past decades, the stock market has come to be dominated by a herd of professional investors. Contrary to popular belief, this makes it easier for the amateur investor. You can beat the market by ignoring the herd. Continue reading
Investing in the stock market is your personal choice, but most of the real financial gurus have the opinion that 70% of your investment should be in equities till the age of 45. This does not mean you open a demat account tomorrow and start investing blindly in equities. The best indirect way to equities is through SIP.
For the direct exposure an individual need to invest time along with some basic knowledge. There is no Lakshmi without Saraswati, Here are the individuals who made the impact in the financial market.
I have been using the most of them in my post but here are the best ones.
- Warren Buffett – ‘Price is what you pay; value is what you get.’ Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down.
- George Soros – I’m only rich because I know when I’m wrong…I basically have survived by recognizing my mistakes.”
The technology may have advanced to HFT Trading, algorithmic trading but the rogue inside the human will always overpower the technology.
Let’s try to understand the case of Navinder Singh Sarao , Has he became the scapegoat ?
According to the justice department Mr Sarao and his firm is guilty of Nav Sarao Futures, made £26m ($40m) illegally over five years.
He has been accused of using an “automated trading program” to manipulate markets, and contributing to the flash crash of 6 May 2010. On that day, the Dow Jones index lost 700 points in a matter of minutes – wiping about $800bn off the value of US shares – before recovering just as quickly. Continue reading
It’s been observe that people find investing as one of the difficult task. Either they end up depositing all their savings in fixed deposits, gold or they become the scape goat of ULIP (insurance).
Moving on to some quotes on the investing and financial markets that might change the perception of yours. There isn’t right and wrong, there is two sides to the coin, but rich dad exists on only one side of the coin, the business and investor.
Yes, there is some risk involved with investing, and it can be scary. But if you don’t take control of your cash and moves forward you, well those are famous ones from Rich dad -Poor dad. Continue reading