Well its the last day of the month and the world economy standing in the mid of year 2012. Lets try to pull the events by connecting the dots and see where the world is :
1) After months weeks years of posturing and denial Spain and Cyprus formally requested aid from Europe bailout funds. More so they have officially confessed to their insolvency and the insolvency of their banking system.
Spain 10 year bond yield breached the worst level and it touched the 7% in return many od the Spain bank ratings got junk by Moodys
2) Over in the US, the city of Stockton, California filed for bankruptcy this week… Continue reading “2012 Mid Year World economy towards the path of Bailouts & Bankruptcies”
When INR touched 55 versus 1 dollar it made the record, for some of the traders it was a key level. From the data on the RBI the dollar has appreciated by approximately 22 per cent in the last 1 year. This is a major move after the crisis of 1991.
Obviously the answer to above is difficult to analyze, because in the normal circumstances demand and supply decide the market determined rates. We do not have free market for the forex. The rupee has never been convertible on capital account. The Reserve Bank of India still has a variety of controls on who may buy foreign exchange and for what purpose in the market. Continue reading “Wake up call for India INR 55 @ 1$”
The Greek puzzle is getting cozy each day . The G8 leaders backed Greece in euro zone as reported by Reuters. Putting any new remarks it looks like to wait and watch the scenario and action by the regulators, politicians.
Today I thought of sharing some old brokers terminologies and bit personal experience. As I quoted on FB Continue reading “Grexit and Brokers Terminologies”
The post is about entrepreneurship in India where I have tried to put the views.
From the last couple of years Baba Ramdev, Kishore Biyani, Vijay Mallya and Govt. Of India has been making the news and there is lot more things common between them.
Lets begin with Baba Ramdev who became a household name by selling the benefits of yoga to the masses. He claimed that even diseases like cancer could be cured through yoga. Those who have seen his yoga Continue reading “Jack of all or a Master of one”
The world financial market where already under pressure from the Euro crisis, untill yesterday late night when the news broke out JPMorgan has trading loss of at least $2 bln, reputation hit . The CIO unit is where Bruno Iksil was making $200 billion-sized bets. Basically JPM has suffered massive losses at its CIO group most likely due to its IG/HY positions held by Iksil.
Below quotes from Mr Jamie Dimon
- “…Errors, sloppiness, and bad judgement.”
- “Bad strategy, badly executed and poorly monitored”
- “It could get worse. This could go on for a little bit.”
- “Badly executed, badly monitored. I’m not going to repeat it 800 times” Continue reading “Rogue Traders now JP Morgan”